Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Family Member

Meet the latest addition to the Family. I've finally decided to upgrade from my entry level Steel frame Mountain bike to something better.



Thanks to my friend Russell, who supplied me with a Token carbon frame and from there on wards I added the rest.


Must say it is one huge improvement going from a steel bike 26" to a carbon 29". I took it for a ride on Saturday and couldn't believe how easy the climbing and riding uphill has become. The handling is also much better. At first I thought it will take me a while to get used to it but after about two hours I got the hang of it.

For now I won't be riding it that often but after Ironman, end of April, I think I might get addicted to mountain biking.

I've become so use to train with a power meter that i decided to add a Powertap power meter to the MTB as well. One advantage is I have a Powertap on my road bike so I basically just swop the head unit around when I change bikes.


It is amazing to see the difference between the watts produced on the MTB vs the TT bike. Once I've used the MTB more it would be interesting to compare the wattage output between the two bikes and the different styles.


Here's a summary of the main components of the bike.

Frame: Token Carbon 29er
Group set: SRAM X9
Fork: Rockshox Sidi XX with remote lockout
Saddle: Fizik Gobi
Tyres: Continental (tubeless conversion)
Pedals: Shimano XT
Handlebar and Stem: Deda
Rear hub: Powertap power meter

and all this weighing in at just more than 10kg's

No comments:

Post a Comment