Monday, December 12, 2011

Good training day for a Monday

Had a good training day today for a Monday which is always hard after the weekends training. It started with an early morning swim session to "recover" after the weekends training. It was 3x300m, 3x200m, 3x100m, 3x50m, swimming each interval faster than the previous one during each set.

This evening it was an one hour endurance run and I am really happy with my run form lately. could maintain a 4:35min/km pace without pushing too hard and keeping the heart rate in the zone.

One thing I am happy about is having a coach who is not one that sent you generic programs but analyse your Power/Pace Data and schedule training accordingly and also change your schedule should things not go according to plan.

Been with CTS coaching now for just over 18 months and I am so happy with my coach. After my below par performance on the bike at 5i50 in August me and my coach discussed it and decided to focus on the bike especially when it is a hilly course. I can really see a big improvement on my bike these last few weeks without neglecting my run.

I also did a Retul bike fit about a month ago, something I should have done a long time ago. Almost the case of trying to get the perfect fit and then you start all these little tweaks only to move further away from the perfect fit.

Reminds me of the comic where the guy thinks his table is too high and decide to saw of a few inches of each leg but then ends up with an uneven table. In the end he ends up with a table without any legs, almost something like the picture below.


Finalized my race schedule (if there is such a thing as finalizing a schedule for an age grouper) for the first few months of 2012 but can still throw in some smaller races.

Look something like this:
22 January: IM70.3 South Africa
28 January: Xterra Buffelspoort( moving over to the dirty part of Triathlon)
19 February: Prestige Ultra( Half Ironman)
25 February: Xterra Grabouw
11 March: Buffelspoort Ultra ( Half Ironman)
22 April IM South Africa

The picture at the top was Kim's birthday cake last week. As a surprise and joke I asked my mother the morning of her birthday to quickly bake her a cake with a TV and the satellite TV remote for the evenings get together.

Kim quite enjoy watching TV and I don't think there is too many people who's memory of the decoder are full from all the programs recorded and as she delete a program she watched she records a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment