Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Arrived in London

We safely arrived in London on our journey towards Kona.

I forget how bad it is when you fly 10 hours plus and are restricted to the small seat of a plane. After today I am not looking forward to the London to LA leg of our journey which is around 13 hours I think.

After we stood in the queue to get through customs for more than 45 minutes we dropped the bike and some suitcases off at baggage storage and got to the hotel only to be told we are to early. Our room was not ready so we decided to explore London and took a trip on the Eye of London. Wow what a great experience with an awesome view.

Tonight we had a quick bite at the restaurant Friday's before we went to see the musical "we will rock you". Kim and DJ really enjoyed the show, some very spectacular scenes.

Tomorrow I'm back training after my day off and it's going to be interesting running in central London. Apart from dodging all the people my feet are swollen badly after the flight. Don't know why I don't wear my compression shocks if I have them, really stupid of me.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment