Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thanks DJ



DJ(nickname for my daughter Dejone) attended a birthday party today of one of her class mates and as I got home tonight she gave me this Marshmallow mouse with the liquorish tail. This is properly my favourite sweet if I do loosen up on my strict eating plan. She told me that when she opened her snack box at the party she saw the mouse and though of me as she knows it's my favourite.

It is amazing how your child can pick the things up that your like and dislikes. This reminded me of a quote that was in this little book DJ gave me for Christmas. The books called " I love my Dad" and it is full of quotes and one of the first quotes in the book is:

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it"-Clarence Budington Kelland.

Isn't that so true, we think we just do what we need to do everyday but do we really realize that our children absorb every thing we say and do.

My knee is much better, if I had 100% discomfort on Sunday it is now about 20%. Went to the physio today and afterwards the doctor gave me a cortisone injection. Should be fine in a day or two.

Today's workout

Swim: 33 min, 1.5 km 380kcal, 110 bpm ave ( easy swim)

No comments:

Post a Comment