Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a Run

Suppose everyone experienced it where everything just feels right and you know this is going to be a great workout. This is how I felt this morning when I went out for my long run. I was running at a sub 5 minute/kilometer pace and after my 2h20 I felt that I could go for another 2 hours. My heart rate was at a 137 bpm average, pace at 4:53 minutes per kilometer, cadence 90 and stride length 114cm and a running index of 66. I would give anything to have such a run at IMSA.

After Church I rushed to the gym to do my swim workout but could only managed 3.5km of the 4 kilometer workout before I was chased out of the gym as they were closing. It was just after twelve o'clock and all my workouts were done for the day, what a nice feeling no late night workouts. The rest of the day was a real relaxing day and I spend some quality time with Dejone and Kim, something that I don't do that often during this last few weeks before Ironman.

This week is the last of my hard weeks before my two week taper, just need to get through it.
Tomorrow morning I am going back to the doctor as he wants to do a follow up Lung function test just to make sure everything is back to normal.

Today's workouts
Run: 2h20, 28.7 km, 137 bpm ave, 4:53 min/km, 2023 kcal.
Swim: 1h13, 3.5 km, 119 bpm ave, 829 kcal

Week totals:
Swim: 9.5 km
Bike: 235 km
Run: 64.3 km
Gym 2 sessions
Total: 17h45, 309 km, 13469 kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment