Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where's the Energy

Yesterday morning I was up early to do my 1h30 run as I had two meetings with the first one starting at 7:30am. The run went well and I didn't have any problems with the knee anymore.
Just as I was out of town Kim phoned to say the car won't start again. Luckily she and my mother got the vehicle started. Must be a faulty battery and asked her to go to Tyre & fit to change the battery as the winter is approaching fast and then it is going to be a problem.

As the day progressed it felt if i was just loosing energy, don't know if it was the meetings or maybe some side effects from the weekends race. After work I went to the gym to do my swim session but after 2 km i decided to get out as I was waisting my time. I did not go as hard as I should have gone and my whole body was tired.

When I got home we had no electricity as there was some problem in the neighbourhood but luckily it was not long before it was restored. After dinner I went to bed just to recharge myself with a good night's rest.

This morning I am still tired but did do my second last gym session before IM. Don't know how I am going to get through the bike speed session tonight. Do have a sore throat and a runny nose, hope it is not the beginning of another flu session.

Yesterday's workouts

Run: 1h22, 16,5 km, 135 bpm ave, 4:58 min/km, 1147 kcal
Swim 45 min, 2 km,

Today's workout
Gym: 36 min, 257kcal

No comments:

Post a Comment